India vs SA T20 at Chinnaswamy
The IND vs SA T20 Match was held on the 22nd of September at Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bangalore. Just like the IPL, KSCA partnered with SZW to sustainably reduce and manage waste at the event.
Continuing from where we left off at the IPL, Saahas Zero Waste was at the Chinnaswamy again for the IND vs SA T20 match. This was further evidence of SZW’s strong partnership with Karnataka State Cricket Association (KSCA) and their vision and commitment to sustainability at Chinnaswamy Stadium.
How it Went Down
- Plastic liners were avoided for the management of waste at the event
- Wet waste transfer was done directly from bin to bin basis
- Dry waste was collected in reusable and recyclable HDPE bags
- The waste collection points were manned by SZW representatives to ensure segregation at source
- The spectators were educated on segregation and proper waste disposal methods.
By bio-methanizing 830 kg of wet waste, recycling the 2790 kg of dry waste and safely disposing 1320 kg of Mixed waste, the release of approximately 14 metric tonnes of GHG emissions was averted. All field staff and supervisors at Saahas Zero Waste are full-time employees of the organisation and are given minimum living wages as prescribed by the labour laws and other employee benefits. There were one supervisor and five field staff present at the waste management unit of the stadium to handle the incoming waste.